Who we are
Kyle Jay, LLC is the data controller of your personal data. When we mention Kyle Jay, we, us or our in this privacy notice, we mean Kyle Jay, LLC.
About this notice
This privacy notice tells you how Kyle Jay collects and processes information that may identify you (personal data) when you use our site. We may show you other privacy notices when we collect or share your personal data and this privacy notice is in addition to those.
Changes to this privacy notice
Our privacy notice was last updated on May 17, 2019. We’re likely to update in future and we’ll let you know about any significant changes. Please come back and check from time to time. If you have questions about this privacy notice you can get in touch with us by emailing email@example.com.
Personal data we may collect
We may collect the following information about you:
1. Information that directly identifies you. This may include your name, email address, username and password.
2. Information that indirectly identifies you. We automatically receive and record information from your device or web browser when you interact with our site, for example your internet protocol (IP) address, mobile device ID, time zone setting, location data, language preference, operating system, platform, and links you have clicked on or shared with others, including through email and social media. We may also create a user ID that may similarly indirectly identify you. We may use this information to collect data about your activities on our site and on third-party sites, apps and platforms, such as Facebook. We may associate information that indirectly identifies you with your user account (if you have one) and other information we have collected about you.
3. Location data. We may collect geo-data, which tells us where you are, when we collect other information about you. We may also collect the language option or country you choose. We may link location data to other information we have collected about you.
4. Profile data. This may include your username and password and other information you give us (if you are a registered user), your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses. Profile data you enter in your account profile (if you are a registered user), including your username may be shown to other users to facilitate user interaction on our site. We do not disclose email addresses to other users.
5. Marketing and communications data. This may include information about your subscriptions to newsletters and your marketing preferences.
6. Special category data. When we conduct research or carry out surveys we may collect sensitive personal data about you, for example information about your racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life or sexual orientation. We will not use or share this information without your explicit consent.
1. We aggregate personal data we collect, such as the number and frequency of your visits to our site, to produce metrics and statistical information. We may share this data with third parties.
2. We share aggregated, anonymized, information with our ad partners and service providers so that we, and they, can understand how people use our site; this helps us grow our business and improve and develop our content. These third parties may share with us information about you that they have independently developed or acquired.
3. We combine information about you with information about other users to create audience segments of aggregated data, for example, statistical, demographic and usage data. If we combine or connect aggregated data with personal data we treat the combined data as personal data and deal with it in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect data
1. You may give us your personal data directly, for example when you create a user account, subscribe to our newsletters, opt into marketing, publish posts or comments, enter a competition, participate in a promotion or survey, ask for user support, or contact us for any reason.
2. We automatically collect personal data when you interact with our site. We collect information about your devices and browsing actions and interests by using cookies and similar technologies.
3. Third parties who provide advertising and related services may give us your personal data, these including analytics providers and ad networks.
4. We may receive your personal data from third parties when you buy things from a third-party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content. This information may include your contact details and transaction data from providers of technical and delivery services, but not financial information.
5. If you access our site using your Facebook credentials, we will automatically collect certain information, such as your name, picture, and email address. We will use all information available through Facebook, including the user ID Facebook attributes to you, in accordance with Facebook’s policies and your preferences selected through Facebook.
What we use your data for
We will use your personal data only for the purposes for which we collect it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason that is compatible with the original purpose. If we need to use your personal data for another purpose we will explain the legal basis we rely on. We do not always need your consent to process your personal data.
1. Recognize you and analyze how you, and other users, navigate our site and what you’re interested in. We do this by using cookies or similar technology.
2. Analyze comments and feedback you have given us including comments, feedback and reviews you have posted on our site.
3. Provide you with communications and services you’ve signed up for, such as our newsletters.
4. Register you as a user of our site and administer your account.
5. Publish content on our site including articles, feedback, reviews and user comments about our posts.
6. Verify or obtain payments due to us when you buy something from a third-party after clicking on an “affiliate” link in our content, measure the performance of affiliate links, analyze and develop this part of our business.
7. Communicate our terms, notify
8. you about changes to them and communicate with you about non-compliance.
9. Communicate our privacy notices and notify you of changes to them.
10. Ask you to take part in a survey or other research about our site.
11. Allow you to take part in promotional activities.
12. Administration and protection of our business including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, user support, reporting and hosting data, administration and IT services, network security, fraud prevention, customer services, and business reorganization, including exchanging information with third parties for fraud protection and spam/malware prevention.
13. Serve content and ads and analyze their performance and effectiveness.
14. Send marketing communications to you if you subscribe to our newsletters.
15. Communicate with you about our services, and content, including published content, content you submit for publication, and content posted by you (including your comments on content, feedback and reviews).
16. Comply with applicable laws, regulations and legal and regulatory processes.
We may use your personal data to help us decide which products, services and offers may be of interest to you. We will send marketing messages to you if you have asked us to send you information, or if you provided us with your details when you entered a promotional activity. If you opt out of receiving marketing messages we will not send them to you. By participating in promotional activities you content to us sharing your personal data with any third-party.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages through a link we include on messages we send you. You can also ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by contacting us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Sharing personal data
1. We may share your personal data within Kyle Jay, LLC.
2. We share your personal data with third parties who process your data on our behalf when they provide services to us, for example data analytics, ad networks, research, and marketing.
3. We may share your personal data with third parties who use it for their own purposes if you have provided consent.
4. You share your personal data with third parties when you publish content including articles, comments and reviews on our site.
5. If we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business, or if we buy or merge with another business we may share your personal data. If a change happens to our business, then the new owners may use your personal data as set out in this privacy notice.
6. We may be legally required to disclose or share your personal data without your consent in some circumstances, for example to comply with a court order or law enforcement.
International transfer of data
1. When we process your personal data within Kyle Jay this may involve processing and transferring your data outside your country.
2. Third parties with whom we share your data may be based outside your country and their processing of your personal data may involve a transfer of data outside your country.
3. When your data is transferred outside your country we take steps to make sure it has the same level of protection as it would have in your country.
Protecting your personal data
1. We take steps to safeguard your information by putting in place appropriate security measures to prevent personal data from being accidentally lost, used, accessed in an unauthorized way, altered or disclosed.
2. We limit access to your personal data to employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who need to access it.
3. We do not guarantee or warrant that security measures will prevent data breaches. We have procedures to deal with suspected data breaches. We will notify you and the relevant regulator of any data breach as legally required.
Retaining your personal data
1. We keep your personal data for as long as we need it for the purposes for which it was collected.
2. When we decide how long we will keep your information we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure, why we need it, and any relevant legal requirements.
3. We may anonymize your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes, in which case we may use this information indefinitely.
Third-party sites and platforms
Our site may include links to third-party sites, apps and social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Clicking on those links may allow third parties to collect or share data about you. We do not control third-party sites, apps and social media platforms and we encourage you to read their privacy notices so that you understand how they process information about you.
1. When we talk about “cookies” in this privacy notice, we mean not just cookies, but web beacons and similar technologies.
2. Browsers and devices have tools that allow you to disable cookies on sites and apps. If you disable cookies you may not be able to access all the features of our services. We suggest that you keep our cookies active for a better user experience and to help us keep improving and developing our business.
4. We may collect the following personal data through essential cookies: a unique ID assigned to your device; IP address; device and browser type; operating system; referring URLs; content viewed or other actions taken on our site; time and date of those actions; country and language selected.
5. Our ad partners and our affiliate links partners may collect personal data from you for their own purposes. Ad partners include ad networks such as third-party ad servers, ad agencies, ad technology vendors and research firms. Affiliate links partners pay us when you buy things from them or another third-party after clicking on an affiliate link in our content.
1. You have the right to ask for a copy of personal data we hold about you and to check we are dealing with it lawfully by asking for information about how we process it.
2. You have the right to ask us to correct incomplete or inaccurate information about you.
3. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data.
4. If we are relying on a legitimate interest to process your personal data, you have the right to object. Our legitimate interest in processing your information may override your rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object to us processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5. If we are processing your personal data on the basis of your consent, you can withdraw your consent at any time.
6. You can ask us to suspend processing of your personal data where: (a) you contest the data’s accuracy; or (b) processing of your data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; or (c) we no longer need your data but you need us to hold it for a legal claim; or (d) you object to our processing of your data and we are checking whether the legitimate interest we rely on overrides your rights.
7. You have the right to ask us to transfer your personal data to you, or to a third-party. This right applies only to automated information you gave us consent to use, or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
8. You have the right not to be subject to automated decision-making, including profiling, which has legal or other significant effects on you. This right does not apply when the automated decision is based on your explicit consent.
To exercise your rights email email@example.com. As a security measure, we will ask you to verify your identity. If a third-party is making a request on your behalf we will ask them to prove that they have your permission to act for you.
We may contact you to ask you for further information to help you exercise your legal rights, or to speed up our response. We will try to respond to requests within one month and we will let you know if we need to take longer, for example, because your request is complicated. We may have an overriding lawful basis for processing your personal data, or certain exemptions may apply. If we refuse your request we will explain why.
You have the right to complain about data privacy matters to the relevant data protection regulator in your country of residence. We invite you to raise your concerns with us first, so that we can try to resolve them.
California residents are entitled to ask for a notice identifying the categories of personal customer information which we share with our affiliates and/or third parties for marketing purposes, and providing contact information for such affiliates and/or third parties. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of this notice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.